Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Alpha and Omega

A story is tickling at my brain again, starting as a poem ...

I know you. There is a ghost in your eyes;
it hovers with memories of a love
truer than the roar of the oceans and the silence of the night.
Time has no power over something so strong.

We’ve been here before – two halves of a whole;
inseparable over the cresting tides of eternity but
ripped apart by a Today that won't allow
the burning of two hearts beating as one.

My soul calls through time and you answer
with the phantom of some long-ago kiss.
You hear me when I need you, even when
the panic in my own cries is muted by cold winds.

Glimpses of the past can’t soothe my pain when I wonder 
if the soft memories of my lips warm you when life gets cold.
When you call, do I appear with whispers of our promise?
Does my love travel to you when you reach for me?

You are the beginning and the end of my existence.
I will go to the edge of time to fold myself into your arms
and bring you home. I wait with a heart at peace because I know
that somewhere, over the distance that separates us, you wait too.

No comments:

Post a Comment